AC Polk Street campus and Amarillo Senior Citizens Association evacuated after downtown gas leak


The Amarillo College Polk Street campus and the Amarillo Senior Citizens Association were evacuated Thursday afternoon after a major gas leak was discovered in downtown.

A 4" (poly) natural gas line was struck and began leaking in the area of SW 14th & Tyler. At this time, the name of the agency that hit the line is unknown.

In addition to the two building that were evacuated, Tyler Street was blocked from SW 12th to SW 15th. No other business, churches, or homes in the area were evacuated.

Atmos has the leak stopped for a while, and will remain on scene making repairs. The Amarillo College Polk Street campus and Amarillo Senior Citizens Association have both been cleared for public re-entry.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.